Here are some notes by Chris:
The model is based on the Herr kit. I built one mostly per the kit 2 years ago. It flew very well. This one is alot lighter, so I expect good results in the air. Wingspan is 30", weight 64 grams - empty, but balanced. I hinged the tail surfaces - it's easier for trimming. The ribs are all thinned, and I removed some of them. Many stringers were eliminated, particularly behind the wing trailing edge. The cowl was built separate from the Fuse to have a more realistic break between the fuse and the cowl. The silver is done by first making silver colored tissue - Gray chalk on the back, and a light spray of modified Floquil Bright Silver enamel on the front. The tissue wil still shrink just fine. The whole model is sprayed with clear Krylon (sort of an acrylic laquer). The prop has removable and pitch-adjustable blades made from 2 layers of 1/64" plywood mounted on extremely hard bamboo (tonkin cane) rods.